GAHF to Award Two Scholarships – Apply Now
The German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA is seeking qualified applicants for two Domestic Study Scholarships in the amount of $2500 to be awarded in December 2023. These scholarships are designed to defray the tuition, fees or other costs of attending a U.S.-accredited college or university.
Students majoring or minoring in German have preference in consideration for funding, but we welcome all majors and academic disciplines.
Eligibility criteria are:
- Current full-time enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student in a U.S.-accredited institution of higher education.
- College GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0, or the equivalent. If applying directly out of high school, a minimum (unweighted) GPA of 3.7 is required.
- United States Citizenship or permanent resident alien status.
- Evidence of German, Austrian, or Swiss-German ancestry, defined as the student having had at least one ancestor who has immigrated to the USA from Germany, Austria, or Switzerland
- An active GAHF Member in good standing at any membership level. Students may use their parent, guardian or other family member’s GAHF membership for this purpose.
Applications will be accepted now through Dec.1, 2023, 5:00 PM Eastern Time. Please note that we have extended the deadline for applications. To apply, please submit the following documents via e-mail to email@example.com:
- Basic demographic information (name, address, e-mail, college attending)
- Current transcript
- Evidence of citizenship status
- 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members, i.e. professors, teachers or others who know your academic or civic engagement well
- A one-page essay (maximum) detailing prior experience with German language and/or culture, reason for particular course of study, why scholarship funds are essential for study, or similar.
- If claiming existing German language ability, teacher, professor, or similar must verify proficiency level of applicant.