The German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA®
The German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA® serves as the national membership association for German-American heritage. GAHF cultivates a greater awareness for German-American heritage and history through outreach efforts that deepen cultural understanding.
We are committed to:
- Sharing a positive image of Americans of German-speaking heritage by focusing on their historical contributions to American society.
- Strengthening the ethnic awareness and diversity of German-Americans.
- Promoting the German language and culture.
- Cultivating German American friendship and bonds.
- Supporting cooperative efforts among German-Americans and their organizations
The German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA® (GAHF) is dedicated to preserving, educating and promoting the cultural heritage of Americans of German-speaking ancestry. Our mission is to be an effective voice for German-Americans in cultural and public policy matters in the United States.
The German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA, Inc. was established in 1977 and chartered the following year as the United German-American Committee of the USA, Inc. as an independent, tax-exempt, educational, not-for profit organization.
What we do
- public knowledge about the rich heritage of all Americans of German speaking descent
- the American public about the historical contributions of German-Americans to the growth and development of society in the United States
- a broader understanding and deeper knowledge about the Germany of today and its role in transatlantic relations and on the world stage
- the German language and culture
- cooperative efforts among all German-Americans in the United States
- Geman-American friendship and cooperation